donderdag 13 november 2014

Stampotique challenge 'spotlight'.

For the Stampotique challenge 'Spotlight' I made this spread in my selfmade journal. I started out by using some washi tape. I used some modeling paste and a stencil in the middle and in the corners a doily stencil and Deco Art Graphite Paste in order to make some texture. I then covered it all with Fresco Finish paint. After nearly drying I took a baby wipe and wipes the paint back, revealing parts of the stenciling.
I took a scrap piece of paper, painted it mauve with Fresco Finish and then used their crackle glaze and a pink colour on top. I cut out the circle and the tag. I stamped the Stampotique girl on the background and coloured in that part within the circle with Copic markers, and then glued the circle down. I added some Glossy Accents on the heart of her shirt. Around the circle I made some shading with Inktense pencils. I used the same pencils to make the ground she's standing on.
With some Lindy's Stamp Gang I coloured a piece of cambric. I used the leftover on my mat on the leftover piece of paper from the tag and circle. I then layered the pieces and stitched them together on my sewing machine after which I wrote down the sentiment on the tag. All the shading was made with the Inktense pencils and to was the edging around the pages. I used some gel medium to apply some glass glitter on top of the tag. As a final touch I made some splatters with the LSG spray I used to colour the cambric.
I hope you like my spread; I thought it turned out kind of cool. So I'm entering this spread into the Stampotique Designer Challenge. Have a great day! Hugs Frea
http://stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.nl/2014/11/sdc-november-2014-challenge-links.html

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Gorgeous journal page,
    thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A wonderful journal spread, Frea, with lots of detail and a perfect color palette in my book!. Love the stitching element here, as well as your clever interpretation of the spotlight technique! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love your page! It's purple, it's awesome - everything's beautiful :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

    xx Arwen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Great quote to go with your page and love the spotlight. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Lots of lovely texture happening with this!
    Thanks for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen